ArkeoLab conducts material analysis on various archaeological materials such as pottery, metal objects, stone, plaster and mortars to answer archaeological, art historical research questions (production technology, provenance etc.) and/or to contribute conservation and restoration projects.
Our integrated approach covers research design, literature review, sampling, sample preparation, evaluation of laboratory results and reporting. We use research infrastructure of respected university laboratories and institutions in Turkey.
The techniques we apply;
- Petrographic analysis (Thin section analysis)
- Scanning electron microscopy (SEM)
- X-ray diffraction analysis (XRD)
- X-ray flourescence analysis (XRF)
- Inductively coupled plasma – mass spectrometry (ICP-MS)
- Inductively coupled plasma – optical emission spectrometry (ICP-OES)
Some of Completed Projects
Some of Our Clients
- Ege University
- Kinet Höyük Excavations
- Komana Archaeological Research Project
- Université Libre de Bruxels
- University of North Carolina at Greensboro